- Students who are provided with a sense of community are more likely to create and positively affect their surroundings.
- On average, students with an arts education have superior academic performance, resulting in lower dropout rates, improved memory skills, and higher GPAs, and SAT scores that are generally 100 points higher in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Students with tangible creative skills or a college art degree are considered more employable, and are more likely to find a job post-graduation.
- Exposure to creativity results in higher general positivity among the population.
- Cities with strong arts programming have stronger communities, as seen through higher civic involvement, group cohesiveness and lower poverty rates.
- Annually, creative industries produce over 1,100 jobs and over $30 million in Napa County.
* All statistics via Americans for the Arts